Sunday, September 21, 2008

I was just told by a psychic that I am going to be alone for the rest of my life.... fuck!

So the show... was looking it over and thought ... "wait a minute, I have done nearly enough re-writes to this" so guess what guys... BACK TO STEP ONE! Two major reasons why I'm going back to the script, both have to do with money/resources... go figure right? The first and easier to explain is that like a dip shit I thought, "well, I’ll just write it how you want it and I won’t take into account the fact that I can't actually build a set and have to write everything for on location shooting". So that resulted in me writing most of it an elaborate set, well, not really elaborate but just expensive enough to not be able to do and just critical enough to not be able to change it. So that has to be different. But that would not in itself constitute an entire re-hauling of the script, however.... as I said before this was going to be a set of six 20-40 minute episodes kind of like a British sitcom (brit-com for those not in the know), only with characters you can understand. but alas, I have decided in my infinite wisdom that that really would be a lot of fucking work... and just shooting a pilot would not do it for me... its not really an episodic thing, despite the fact that I’m writing it in episodes. So what I’m thinking now is to take the main points, keep the funniest characters, re-tool the plot almost entirely and whittle it down to three 10-20 minute episodes. Because a half an hour to an hour of content is a whole hell of a lot more reasonable than two to four hours of it. Sorry guys I am in college remember that....but in a lot of ways I think this will make it better, because before I really only had a solid plot figured out for a few episodes and then directions I wanted to go with for the others... but I sat down this week and basically plotted out the entire thing. So it's a lot more of a solid concept right now. however I’m not entirely sure when I will get the chance to type this thing up, because now that I’m back in classes (even though I’m down to 12 credit hours) I still have butt-loads of things to do... things like watching all six star wars movies at Dustin’s house. (watching the last one tomorrow) and also hiding in my room and getting super excited about the Emmys which are apparently Sunday and I didn't know till I saw Joey Fatone on the TV guide channel pimping his red carpet interviewing skills. So I’d better go to bed so I can wake up and watch things tomorrow ... man is my life exhausting.

Currently listening to: Smash Mouth Astro Lounge

No comments: