Monday, September 8, 2008

got to make this quick

So, I know... I fucked up. But I'm going to skip the apology and just get down to business. The script is typed... only 2 weeks after I said it would be. Now that I’ve got it out I can start the long laborious process of revising. Kind of like when you have a child and you know that you're going to raise it to be a decent human being... but unlike my real kids I’m not going to let this script slip into a life of gang warfare. Just kidding ... Harvey isn't in a gang. So I sent it over to the co-producer who unfortunately for you will probably be the only one to see it at this time. Fucking deal with it... unless I need more advise and you are an accredited reviewer of TV show pilot scripts... like me. So that’s about all for the business for now... music thing in the tag but you'll get there eventually.
So now, let me explain a few things that have been restricting my ability to produce things faster. School is a bitch, especially when you don’t have money for books. And for the first time in my career as a student I’m actually in classes that I need to read the books for. Dick move life... dick move. also I’m currently about a week late on my rent without the money to pay it... thank god my roommates are also deadbeats and can't pay their third otherwise I’d feel bad. campus fest was last Friday where I got to bounce between the UFO booth and the Bad Genetics booth... in all I had a good time hanging out with fellow org-ers, but I really have nothing to say to freshman about joining either of the groups... they know their not going to come to all that shit they sign up for... I didn't. And I know that’s not what campus fest is about, and hopefully I won’t be visited by the ghost of campus fest spirit. I’ve had some terrible past campus fests. Any ways, I’ve started my creative writing classes and damn I got a lot of non-script stuff to write (including 2 stories by tomorrow that I haven’t started or thought about yet) so between school, and career problems I’m about as relaxed as....uhhh something that’s not that FUCKING RELAXED, GOT IT!

So for background noise I’ve been going through TV shows in my collection, starting with undergrads, and I just finished up mission hill, so of course clone high is next.... I’ll probably continue in that order for a while. in one of my writing classes I over herd some of the pretentious nerds who studies that crap full time say that they recently re-read a book for the fifth time and I instantly looked down on them... then I realized I’ve seen the entire run of Futurma at least 5 times. So that made me feel shitty, but whatever we're all nerd in some way or another. Except me... and people who act exactly like me I suppose. What ever it's late and I’m being incoherent and I’ve got tons of shit to do still so lets wrap this up

So (just had to throw that in to make it so every paragraph started with so) music I’m listening too: besides some Travis Morrison, Metro Station and Cyndi Lauper, I found this band off the front page of you tube called Noah and the Whale. pretty good but what’s funny and also relates back to the show, this particular song I’m linking you too sounds very VERY similar, in the types of instruments and general feel to what Mr. William Hooper and I had planned for the theme song... but just remember, we are not stealing this sound because we had it figured out before I even heard of this band, so now enjoy ‘5 years time’, and what may possible be the first look for most of you at the tone (musically anyways) that I’m hoping to set in my show… unless the fact that it’s to similar gets to me and I make Hoop dog (sorry, Will) redo it from scratch.


Sorry if you were hoping for something more gritty

No comments: