Sunday, August 10, 2008

What if I, hypothetically, didn't want to think of a creative title?

I bought this camera at a garage sale. It's a 16 mm Keystone B-1. I tried loading in some of the extra 16 mm film I had lying around my room, but it’s apparently more complicated than I thought, or it's broken. Either way, if any of my experienced readers have any knowledge on the Keystone B-1 16 mm film camera, please let me know.

So, Anyways. Script is coming along, revising and all that; also I don't think I've actually done anything with it. But I have been giving what little time I can spare to other show aspects. Aspects that may seem ridiculously premature to even start thinking about at this stage in the process, but aspects none the less. I talk of course about the one thing that either makes or breaks all sitcoms; you got it, the theme music. me and my talented composer, Will Hooper sat down the other day and hammered out what will become the first 30 to 45 seconds of each episode... audibly anyways... unless I put in cold opens... not that I expect you to know what cold opens are... whatever its just semantics. but yeah, the very talented Mr. Hooper worked with me and my terrible backwards hypocritical way of describing what I want to try and figure out just what the tone and melody should sound like, as well as preparing an orchestral slew of sounds that come together to form the beautifully junky representation of my half-houred hobo hilarities... have I told you the show is about hobos. Anyways. Now that the immense pressure of figuring out a theme song is off my mind I am free to more clearly envision my Frankenstein-ish creation. So now let’s move on.
I don't know if any of you have heard of this new thing the world has offered us tech savvy individuals. No it’s not mmorpsg's (massive multiplayer online role playing sex games), it’s Podcasts. Yes, only a half a decade after their widely popularized, do I discover that that techno-babel actually translates to "free videos about things I might actually care about". One in particular I have recently "subscribed to" (in layman’s terms that mean I've signed up to get them on a subscription like basis) is Indy Mogul - DIY Film making. These guys get me; they basically post videos on how to make cheap video equipment and how to trick an audience into thinking their watching something good. Its like having my own downloadable Steven Hildreth. (This joke is exclusively for the 2 people who will both read this and know who Steve Hildreth is... one of which may in fact be Steve Hildreth). The only problem is that for some reason my versions of their podcast files are all botched up and look terribly distorted. This wouldn't be as much of a problem if the point of the show didn't frequently rely on showing slight differences between visual footage. Maybe it's fate telling me to get out of film making before I waste more money, or maybe it’s the result of trying to download all 47 back-logged podcasts all at once.
And speaking of money, what's the deal with that... like seriously I've been working full time, you'd figure I'd have some left over. It’s not like I spent hundreds of dollars on useless things that I may never think about after 5 minutes of owning them, and speaking of, I just bought Zoolander on dvd... but only because I couldn't find Night at the Roxbury’s. I'm looking into loans and stuff now, done with work for the summer job, getting ready to move back up to BG next Saturday. And I'll tell you what, I'm jonesing for some king buffet, max facts. (Tell me when "max facts" catches on… it means like seriously.) So I guess this is the last blogtry until I'm in BG. so from Bainbridge this is Goodbye... or to Bainbridge this is ... what ever. Bye.

Also I miss the MySpace blog function of posting what I’m listening to so I’m just going to start telling you afterwards what was happening in my headphones as I typed what is easily $5 worth of comedy. This time it was :

Last Years Model, ok band, but I think it’s an angry beavers reference, so that makes it sound even better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

crap! I'll look into fixing that weird podcast problem. Glad you enjoy the show otherwise!