Sunday, August 24, 2008

State of the Simon Address: Third quarter report ... not really, just a normal blog

Sorry, I know I missed last week’s entry... unless you count my Friday post about leaving my hometown, which I don't. So what have I done with my first week after returning to the BG lifestyle? Well, really, not much... a lot of caching up, and if I haven't made it a point to see you and you’re located in the BG area please get at me as soon as physically possible. But enough making the people I'm avoiding think I’m not actually avoiding them, let’s get to business.
Script is getting typed ... I'm hoping to wake up early tomorrow and finish it up then go through on a rough first revision. But since I'm probably not going to wake up until 3pm, that might not happen. but I’m on my word of allowing anyone who reads this the opportunity to slap me in the face and such if I don't get it done by Monday* (*Read SFK:B #5 - Straight up business... in my pants) on the production front though, big news. A lot of my major crew roles have been acquired. Some of them might not remember it because they agreed to it while drinking at Theresa's party Friday night. But whatever it’s on the internet now so it’s official and I'm holding them all too it. Starting with local (sort of) film Guru Steve Hildreth as D.P. Mark Huber as Head/Only Editor. And coming in as producer / pre-production bitch, Greg Mullin. ohhh and directing.... well me of course... SUCK IT!
But let me say something about the newly confirmed producer of the Untitled Simon Koch project, Greg Mullin. Some of you may be thinking "well wait a minute I want a cool job like that working with one of my all time greatest film making idols, Simon Koch, how come this schmuck gets to do it." well let me answer that by offering you folks a link to Greg's New Blog : There's Got To Be A Better Way. I would sincerely recommend it to any fans of this Blog... because if you like hearing me talk about how awesome I am, you're sure to like someone else talking about how awesome I am. And if anyone else wants to post internet content describing how I've positively influenced your lives... there’s still a lot of cast and crew positions available.
So anyways, classes Monday, at like 9:30... AM! I know ridiculous. But I've got a pretty nice schedules with classes that should help my to better serve you, the future super fans of my work. Well all except anthropology... but you know gen-eds. other than classes I've got all my roommates moved in now... pretty cool bunch of people. Jeremy, Libby, Mike, Jackie(y?), some dogs, some ferrets, and some turtles. If it came to it I wouldn't mind being abducted by aliens and forced to compete against other houses in various physical and mental abilities... although the true meaning of the test would be about teamwork… but you all knew that.
Well that’s all for now. See you next Saturday night/ Sunday morning... fuck... its 6 am.

Music I've been listening too: (yeah still doing this)
I bought the Justice album "t" and its really good, especially "The Party". Also I've been listening to the following song a lot more than usual. It’s Start Over by The Abandoned Pools… enjoy.

No comments: