Monday, July 14, 2008

did you know i sleep with 5 pillows?

so i had a recent conversation with everyone in my home town about "when are you getting your band back together?" the answer is no. but, it did remind me about the good times that were had. one thing in particular has come to mind and stayed there the past few days, a song that i (mostly) wrote the lyrics to called Fossil Fuel that goes:

I'm a little man with a crooked face,
I lost my love in outer space.
she said she's gone but i think theres more ,
I lost my love to a dinosaur!

When we die we turn to gasoline (x4)

When i first saw her i had a bone,
but that wood has turned to stone.
put you on paper cause it's easy to sell,
and i threw it out when it started to smell.

When we die we turn to gasoline (x4)

(kick ass bridge and outro)

now for the year or two since that's been floating on air waves, no one really understood it and i was even accused of just making up gibberish that was funny/cool to hear. but i assure you all it has a special meaning to me that involves lame emo feelings that i can relate to in the past couple days when I was doing some stupid crap.

in other news, i work at a gas station; so it also kind of relates to me that literal way. so i'm gonig to ask you something right now, for the love of Lincolns ghost, don't EVER go into a gas station and try and make some stupid joke about the "ridiculous" price of gas. i have to hear that 500 times a day, their not funny, your only going to get a pity laugh at best that is so ripe with sarcasm your likely to feel like a totally jack ass. and you should. other than that, and everyone doing stupid shit and getting mad at me like its my fault, the jobs ok. i get to work 2 over-nights a week and those are great. its like in clerks when Randal says "this job would be great if not for the customers." i literally play my old game boy and write.

and that's the best transition your going to get into my recent professional (hahaha) work. talk about meta-discourse. well I've mostly been working on the pilot to my independent series I'm currently working on. and fans of my work (again , hahaha) know that I've done silly shit like this before which never panned out. but my response to that is that i never actually got to scripting those, so I'm actually a lot further along than i have been at getting my spit together. not to mention the fine-fine folks i know in BG who are sure to help me should i finish a script and want to take it through the process of production. in fact i already have some actors in mind for certain characters (Dustin Meadows = the king of the hobos) the other thing i was intent on doing this summer was a spec script to the Disney channel original show "The Emperors New School" in order to be submitted with an application to the ABC writers fellowship program... but thats due in like 2-3 weeks.... so maybe next year. also been jotting down sketch ideas for my triumphant return as (co)head of writing staff for the Bad Genetics Comedy.

other than that and trying to make people hate me, I've been trying to get ready to go back to school (moving in August 16th). i still need like loans and other important stuff, but what ever. it's still summer and I've got beer in the fridge.

so thats the first kind of real post, hope it was as good for you as it was for me. back to listening to rave music and wondering why i can't fall asleep.

No comments: