Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Angry at People

Dear College Humor,
I enjoy checking your site regularly. It provides me with a great way to kill hours between classes, and also keeps me informed of all the latest Internet fads. Your original content is really entertaining too! However, I must express my concern with a certain advertisement that has been appearing on your site recently. Usually I can see how your ad placements reflect the interests of your core demographic, but I am confused on why you would attempt to market that stupid ventriloquist guys lame ass show, Jeff Dumingham or whatever. As far as I can tell college students don’t find him funny unless they are themselves unfunny; or they have drank themselves into a stupor in which they, like 5-year-olds, can only concentrate on puppets. Instead, if you had a site which was called old-guy-who-you-worked-with-at-youre-high-school-job-humor.com I could see how this would be a connection to your audience.
Don’t get me wrong, I understand the need for advertising and fully appreciate that sponsors are the reason you can continue to make me laugh. Although, I will unfortunately not be able to check you site for the duration of this ad, as the mere thought of Dumb-ham makes me want to jump out of a window. He is so bad, he almost makes me miss Carlos Mencia. If you could please let me know when the ad for his show will stop running I’d greatly appreciate it.
Sincerely,
Simon Koch
Senior- Bowling Green State University

1 comment:

Dustin Meadows! said...

Simon, it makes me happy to no end that someone besides me harbors such great hatred for Jeff Dunham. He is an awful hack artist and time and time again I've had to explain to stupid, unfunny people why Dunham is not funny. Apparently for some reason people think that things from middle school assemblies are still funny, which is the only reason I can think of to explain that asshat's success.